The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide worldwide guidance for addressing global challenges. They show that the changes resulting from global
developments, such as climate change or biodiversity, loss not only generate enormous pressure to adapt, but also offer opportunities.
This is because the implementation of the SDG Impact Standard in enterprises requires a closer look at value chains as well as the areas of product development and innovation. The SDGs thus offer numerous approaches to aligning oneself in a way that is entrepreneurially fit for the future.
The SDG Impact Standard for enterprises is a decision-making framework that provides guidance to measure and manage the impact of their business on the SDGs. It is designed to help companies and organizations integrate responsible and sustainable business practices, positive contributions to sustainable development, and the SDGs into organizational management systems and decision-making practices.
However, small and medium sized businesses often do not have the resources to strategically address their contribution to sustainable development. As a consultant, I support my clients to pragmatically address legislative and market requirements and efficiently integrate them into their business operations.
By creating an internal impact management system, organizations that adopt the SDG Impact Standards are able to meet the sustainability reporting and disclosure requirements of governments, regulators, investors and other stakeholders.
I support my clients in using the global sustainability goals as guiding principles for the further development of their business strategy and in tackling them together with their
Making their contributions to the SDGs measurable and actively managing them includes the following steps:
for your SDG target setting and strategy
• we identify the most relevant issues for stakeholders,
• define the targeted SDG outcomes aligned with the overall business objectives, and
• create associated impact statements for each outcome.
into business operations
• we put together resources, tools and processes to measure impact on the SDGs,
• set the SDG performance targets,
• select indicators, and decide on how they will be captured.
use collected data to achieve greater impact in the future
• we analyze company data to understand where and why performance deviates from plan, and
• use this analysis to make decisions on new measures.
by sharing progress and deepening sustainability performance
• we disclose the results of impact measurement and management to internal stakeholders and the public,
• prepare you for third party review, look at how it can be used to improve your work, and
• improve governance and accountability for the impact achieved.
Thus, with an SDG Impact Measurement & Management System, I support you in creating a robust internal impact management system for your company that will enable you to meet the sustainability reporting and disclosure requirements of governments, regulators, investors and other stakeholders such as "ESG Reporting" or "GRI".